Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yellow Wedding and a Cowboy Birthday

Big weekend! First up, my friend Jon got married yesterday... his fiancee's grandmother makes cakes but she has been in poor health so they asked me to make the cake. The bride, Chelsea, is VERY easygoing-- not a Bridezilla at all! She had no real requirements or even guidelines- I love brides like that! :)
Their invitations were black and yellow, simple but trendy. I tried to pull some of the details of the invites into the cake but the best part was the "I DO" button I put on the second tier. Each tier of the cake was a different flavor: white with buttercream filling, chocolate with chocolate fudge filling, butter pecan with cream cheese filling and strawberry with cream cheese filling.
The second cake this weekend was for my friend Katie's little girl Kaia. Katie is an amazing scrapbooker-- she makes a lot of the cake toppers that I put on some of my more elaborate cakes. Kaia had a rodeo-themed party so we went with a denim and bandanna print design for her cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment